Terms & Conditions
Monarch Studios was created for children who love dance and want to grow technically in their art form. Our goal at Monarch is to provide students, from beginners to advance, with the classes they deserve to stand as leaders in their chosen art and regular life. At Monarch Studios we offer students a full schedule of weekly classes, guest choreographers, and auditioning opportunities. All of our dance class offerings embrace ballet, the foundation of dance, and incorporate our Monarch commitment to excellence. Our company feels like family! Friendly, experienced and dedicated professional instructors will push students to their potential. Paired with a community of parents who support the dancers in our nurturing, safe and fun environment, the students thrive and progress quickly!
Please read through the following terms and conditions. We hope that your time at Monarch Studios will surpass your expectations and that your child will thrive!
Fees, deposits and refunds
1. A one-time registration fee is charged for your first term if you are a non-member of one of our locations. If you are a member of Foxhills, Wentworth Club, or The River Bourne Club, or a student at Coworth Flexlands School, please let us know so we can waive your registration fee.
2. Students are expected to attend all classes and an invoice will be raised for the whole term.
3. Fees will only be pro rata when a student begins after our half term.
4. A pro-forma invoice for students who enrol during the year will be issued to enable payment immediately to secure class placement for the following term.
5. Refunds will not be given for non-attendance, classes can be made up via another class during the week, or via private lessons upon availability of the studio and teacher. Private lesson fees apply.
6. Refunds will not be given where a class has to be cancelled and rescheduled.
7. Fees are not exempt from VAT.
8. Invoices must be settled prior to the start of each term; or prior to starting classes following confirmation after the given taster date where a student has enrolled during the year. Late payment charges apply for invoice not paid by the due date.
9. New students should pay using the pro-forma invoice, following the taster classes.
10. Payment can be made: Via Card on your E-Invoice, By bank transfer, quoting the invoice number and child's name. Failure to do so may result in the payment being unidentified, the account remaining outstanding and the student not being admitted to class. Payment can also be made by by telephone 07403278197 for credit/debit card transactions. We also accept Cheques made out to Monarch Studios Ltd. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH PAYMENTS. Please place cheque payments in a named envelope.
Monarch Studios will not accept any liability for cheques left at Reception, given to teachers or any other persons not authorised to receive money.
Register, attendance and absence
11. A register for each class is maintained by the teacher and records student attendance for the purposes of health and safety and security.
12. If a class is cancelled due to the sickness of the teacher, a health epidemic or any other seen or unforeseen event, Monarch Studios will endeavour to reschedule the class or allow students to attend our other weekly classes. This may be on a different day or a different time or both from when the class was originally scheduled, and might involve an extension to the term time dates. No refunds will be given in this case.
13. The payer will receive both verbal and written notice if payment has not been received in accordance with these terms and conditions.
14. Monarch Studios reserves the right to charge a late payment fee if an invoice remains unpaid after the first class of a new term. Instalment payments are subject to a 5% surcharge. Instalment payments are available to competitive company dancers only.
Right to attend, change classes, withdrawal and termination of attendance
15. If an invoice has not been paid at the start of term or upon enrolment in accordance with these terms and conditions the student will not be admitted to any classes until the invoice has been paid in full or an agreed first instalment payment has been made.
16. Monarch Studios reserves the right at any time during the term to ask students to leave a class if any fees remain outstanding after the start of term.
17. Physical contact may be necessary by members of the teaching faculty. If you have any concerns regarding this matter please contact the Director, Jennifer Read 07403278197.
18. Physical activities such as dance, tumbling, and acrobatics carry a risk of injury to participants. Upon registration, you release Monarch Studios Ltd. of any liability whatsoever arising out of an injury, damage or loss which may be sustained by said
person during the course of involvement with Monarch Studios Ltd. This includes activities held in the studio and during any other dance or acrobatic performance or rehearsal sponsored by Monarch Studios.
19. Students of Monarch Studios may have the opportunity to be photographed or video taped at various events and classes. With this registration you give permission for these photos or videos to be included in Monarch Studios publications or advertisements, including on our website and social media pages. To ensure privacy, specific names of children will not be included. No financial compensation shall be given for use of any photographs or video. Upon registration, you acknowledge that Monarch Studios may choose not to use my photo or video at this time, but may do so at its own discretion at a later date.
20. Monarch Studios Ltd. holds information about our customers and students to enable us to carry out our business as a membership, dance and drama education and training organisation. This information includes the contact details you supply to us and may also include information on examinations, courses and student records.
29. Monarch Studios Ltd. will not disclose your information to third parties except where you have given your permission to do so. We may from time to time contact you individually about other carefully selected services or classes which we think will be of interest to you or your child.
30. Upon registration, you give your consent for us to store your data in our secure database for the purpose of registration for classes, exams, and the safeguarding of students enrolled in classes and left in our care.